Thursday, December 15, 2005

STRIKE?!!! YIKES!!!!



A transit strike in NYC? Oh, great! Cabbies may stay home. Now I'm scouring the internet for a transit strike survival guide.

We're going Sunday from So FL and our biggest chore has been trying to get clothing that will be warm. Not only will we need to stay warm, but looks like we will marathon walk. Blaine says if the Macy's Day parade can walk the distance, so can we. Yeah, Right. Remember, I'm the one who will be so bundled up that I'm going to look like a sausage with legs.

We think its cold when it gets down to .......50 degrees. I've been checking the daily temps. Highs in the 30’s...low in the 20's.


Union Prepares to Shut Subways. The transit union has begun instructing members how to shut down the subway system and keep it locked down for the duration of a possible strike.

! Penguin wanted me to ‘get conditioned’ since Thanksgiving, but I don’t think he thought we’d have to walk this much!

My thoughts…..give them anything they want.


1 comment:

R the Great said...

take an umbrella !!!