Friday, March 03, 2006

Mr. Jerry

My clerk is out of state finalizing the deal to build her new house in Georgia and will be gone till next Thurs. They got a sub for her. Probably not because I need the help, but because they just pinned 1-2 Kdgn classes on her while the Guidance lady is bubbling tests ready for FCAT in 2 weeks.

Mr. Jerry was the sub. He is a morning person. Very talky. He was chatting on and on with a para and didn't even hear the child keep saying "excuse me" I'm ready to check out. MRS. KAUFFMAN....WHERE ARE YOU? (I'm in my office) He subs a lot at our school, so you'd think he owns the place. I heard about how he just turned 75 (he doesn't look or act 75), how his kids are incredibly successful, rich, important, etc, and the biggest of all sins.....how different things are done 'at Quiet Waters'. "They have letters on the shelves at Quiet Waters that makes it so much easier". " They have a special place for all the Arthur books that is especially well designed." "I sub a lot at Quiet Waters, and I know how to.....(fill in the blank)
PLEESE! I had to explain that my library is not where I want it to be and that it's a work in progress.

Mr Jerry had troubles with the circulation. He would scan names and wouldn't wait for the name to come up, hit the F2 button again and scan the books. I don't think the books are checked out. While I had a class he would call over to me that he needed help.Oh well.
I also found out he shelved. He didn't know about the Easy Dewey....so they are probably wrong and said that he put things back in the Resource Room. I'm afraid.

Come Monday I'm to have a different sub as Mr Jerry has Quiet Waters for 2 days. (You know he subs there a lot and they love him) I think the new sub is Mr John? or Mr. Tom? Wonder what he already knows.

2 comments:

Big Penguin said...

Thanks, but NO THANKS! I run into the same problems with people who keep asking to volunteer in the my library. Whatever job I assign, I have to assume that they're going to do it completely wrong somehow and that I'll have to go back and fix it later. Oh well, that life in the fast paced media center for ya.

underwear ninja said...

"its so hard to find good help these days"