Sunday, August 20, 2006

Polly Pocket and Ronald

I think I may be part of a small group of adults who regularly orders McDonald's Happy Meals. I like the small portions, the option of apple wedges instead of fries, and the TOY. I really enjoy getting the toy. I have a closet of MIB (mint in bag) toys from when I spent 8 years in a row as a band parent and counted on these fast meals before chaperoning the football games.
I have entire sets of toys and I had to part with them.

It started with the toys that came out for Snow White and the Seven Dwarves ( or is it Dwarfs). I had every part but one, Prince Charming. I had my son broker a deal with the little sister of his friend for a trade. How pathetic is that!

Two weeks ago I got a cool Pirates' binocular and today......Polly Pockets Purse. While we ate I put the stickers on the 'purse' and her dress. This dress looks like something that was a disaster on Project Runway. It encases Polly and is a hard shell. She couldn't possible 'walk' in a dress like that but she stands with her arms awkwardly out at her sides, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Blaine is promoting that I give it to Mac-a-Do, but I'm betting she already has some and she has an extensive collection of Barbie dolls, clothes, and houses/castles that put Polly to shame. So........I guess I'll get to keep her myself.

2 comments:

Big Penguin said...

You'll enjoy Polly more than anybody else!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Scott. You love the toys so much...just keep her!