Sunday, March 11, 2007

T.P.

Grandpa would shop at Aldies for bargain food when he had to take over the buying when Grandma couldn't. He would buy brands of food I never heard of, but they where cheap. I DO like my brands.

Well, Blaine fell into that mode when he decided we were using too much toilet paper and my Charmin Ultra was too expensive. He bought a 12 pack of Store brand TP for a good price and they were big rolls.

Well, they needed to be big rolls because you have to use so much of it. If it gets wet, it falls apart. Think about all of the ramifications of that. He finally admitted he was having to fold and fold and fold a huge amount and well, yes, he didn't like it either. He actually threw away all 12 rolls and went out to get the Charmin. Not much 'saved' in money, but a lot gained in experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess that about wraps it up.
--nbk

Anonymous said...

I too like my brands on most stuff.
Sometimes you do have to pay for quality.

BTW - my blog wants me to update. However I forgot all my user information and can't get on.
-R