Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Click...Another change

We went to a play at Lynn last Friday. It was a collection of plays that force you to look at situations in different realities. Doppelgangers that are next to you living your life, then click, they switch places with you and you become the doppelganger. Change is part of life. It can’t be stopped no matter how much you try not to.


Click. How did I get to be the age of my parents? Click. My parents are really old, infirm, and unable to live on their own. Click. It’s time to sell the home they’ve lived in for 52 years.

That last click kept me awake this week. I’ve already taken items, but is there something I’ve forgotten that I wished I had? Logic tells me that I already have too many things, but this is final. No do overs. Click. It’s time to turn the wheel to the next position. Our ancestors faced this and now it’s my turn.

Click. Children, this is a click in your wheel of life too.

3 comments:

Big Penguin said...

Click? That sounds kinda slow.... let's give that wheel a BIG SPIN!!

Cli, cli, clic, clic, clic, click, click, click..., click!!!!

nbk said...

You didn't leave anything at the house you wanted to keep. Except the things it represents to you, and those will remain in memory and can never be taken away or sold.

Anonymous said...

time to get a "life TiVo" and get off the clicker