Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cool People


I was in Orlando to attend the FETC (Florida Educational Technology Conference)
this last week and got to hang out with some presenters. That was really fun. Every year when it's over I get depressed because I'm a LOSER. I never WIN
anything. I should win something because I want it more than other people. It's no good to tell me about all the cool stuff that companies give me. They give it to everyone.

I REALLY wanted to win a clicker system. I sat next to the people who win whole systems from eInstruction and Quizdom. Loser!

I went to Orlando Premium Outlets (with Lola's help) This is where Cool People shop. Big brand name$. Fendi, Armani, Calvin Klein, Hilfiger, Perry Ellis.
What does it take to be Cool?
  • Cool people's clothes look immaculate. Crisp, bright, expensive without looking gaudy.
  • Cool people have a foot size that can try on any shoe especially the high heeled ones. In fact, they love to shop and walk everywhere in heels.....heels with long pointy toes that look like weapons. Their feet never hurt.
  • Cool people can always find a place to sit to eat in the food court. They don't balance a tray their lap because there are no tables available.
  • When they are finished with their food, they just sit there forever doing nothing but being cool.
  • Their packages never seem to be heavy and a burden to tote around.
  • They are usually tall and never seem to have bad hair.
  • Really cool folks don't have little children that have to be toted or pushed. Their children are a little older and already have a keen sense of what to buy too.
I'm not cool. I'm totally not impressed with a must-have Fendi purse or the pointy toed shoes. I did find a couple pairs of shoes I can wear. I can't wear the $$$ sandals from Gaylord Palms for every situation that may require something other than my New Balance shoes or my black school shoes. Yes, I think I have a modest dressy shoe.

I do love Kohl's though. I can always find something there that I must have. This last time I even got a 15% discount because it was Wednesday. Works for me! :-) How cool is THAT?

3 comments:

Big Penguin said...

You're a WINNER in my book

R the Great said...

will you take me on Wednesdays?

underwear ninja said...

i think you're cool!