Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Drama-Drama


This has been a drama-drama 2 weeks.



  • I got a new computer for Christmas. The drama-drama is switching all the important stuff from the older computer and then trying to make it work. Tears....HELP!....more tears.....IT DOESN"T WORK.....tears....I ALREADY did that.....OK...OK....I'll just leave......Stupid computers.

  • The older computer goes to hubby and he can't get it to work for him. After spending hours/days reformatting etc he finally discovered it required 7-8 discs that Dell sent and you have to search the discs for the drivers you need.

  • Repairs.....the new garage door is beautiful. The opener quit working. The guy installed a new opener. Great. Works fine. When we came home from shopping the door went up and I walked over to turn on the outside lights. A shower of sparks and the circuit breaker tripped. We cannot turn on the outside lights without short-circuiting something. Now to get someone to find out why.

  • Ancestors. I spent this last summer researching our geneology. There was nothing on the hubby's side. I finally hit a gold mine and found out the names of his Aunts and Uncles. He had no idea. Today, we received an email from an actual live cousin who happened to find my work on a page somewhere. He has a book about his ancestors and has even used DNA testing to positively trace the right branch. Seems the ancestors have been Amish/Mennonites and were traced back to Switzerland. What a gift.

2 comments:

Big Penguin said...

The drama-drama over your new computer comes from the lack of control you feel over you new computer. You need to start with a blank HD and build it yourself so that you're comfortable with what's going on inside that box.
New computers always take a little time to setup, but I think it's FUN and EXCITING.... not Drama-drama tears. I think I have this outlook because I'm comfortable putting things back the way I installed them on my old computer.

underwear ninja said...

all you need is a silly clown song and this would make a great "happy new year 07" video