Friday, July 27, 2007

Thursday, July 26-Day 11

Bath house is really close. Blaine warned me that it was like yesterday's shower where you had to continually pull on a rope to keep the water running. It will save on water. This time you had to push a button. He said his was timed for 3-4 minutes, but it was 12 seconds before I had to press it again. It was frustrating.

We went to the Arts/Crafts Village. What a disappointment. It was similar to Dunellen, but it looked deserted with very few open. I did get my flower shots.

Scott's Meadow was part of the Arts & Crafts area in Sugar Loaf.

Every road seems to be related to 17, but like every other crummy road in IL, OH, and NY it was pot-holey and bone jarring. Our next mission was to scout out where we will catch the train to NYC in Harriman. No thanks to Lola, we found the station, the ticket machine, and the parking machine.

After lunch we had another 'learning' experience. We think the continually jarring had loosened the water hose connection to the little water heater. Bottom line, there was water dripping from the camper and found there was water all over the camper floor. The floor is very clean now but several items will need to dry out.

Our 3 mission was to go to the Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall. It's huge and has all the big name designer names. I didn't really want to walk the mall with my foot to stores I wouldn't buy from anyway. We both got new shoes and me some underwear.

This mall has bus service to NYC.

Back home and supper.

2 comments:

Big Penguin said...

I didn't know I had a meadow in NYC.

Sounds like the ritz needs some better shocks..

Have you tried Dad's Phone GPS to Lola? It might navigate differently.

Have fun with Ninja

Anonymous said...

You are moving right along! Thanks for the updates and photos.
-R